Culture/heritage/tourism Department at the Auxi-le-Château Town Council
Ph : +33. (0)3.21.04.10.21
Only one section of wall from the square fortress with its four corner-towers remains. It was built by Philippe d'Alsace in 1178 and withstood multiple attacks. It was permanently destroyed on the 8th of August 1637 during the Thirty Year War after Monsieur de Rambures took possession. Educational panels explain the history of the castle.
Guided tours by reservation